Saturday, April 6, 2013

Entry 1

     So I'm having a bit of difficulty trying to decide what it is I want to do my report on. In class I mentioned western art music but then I got to thinking about indie/folk music which is mostly what I listen to. I think this would be most interesting to me though I have already found some challenges picking this type of music to explore. For example I would have to define what I mean by indie/folk music and this can be challenging since, in my opinion, it is a genre that is always changing and having sub-genres added to it and also being considered borderline pop. Also for the performance part I'm not sure if open mics would fall under the category of indie/folk. I'm most interested in this genre because of the sense of community and comradery it comes with. Clearly I need to refine my ideas and do some research.

No comments:

Post a Comment