I have an interview coming up next week and here are some questions I plan to ask. The person I am interviewing is a listener of what I consider to be community music (folk/indie), he is also a performer, but more of a pop musician, so I am most concerned with his perspective as a listener.
My main goal in this interview is to find out why he identifies with this type of music and what he gets out of it, especially since it's not really what he plays. Also if he perceives it to be community music like I do.
Here are more specific questions that I gathered from reading and class discussions:
1) What is valued more creativity or literacy/skill?
2) Does oral tradition lead to community?
3) Why does this type of music continue to exist and be played?
4) What defines folk/indie music?
5) What setting is appropriate for this type of music?
6) Is it community music?
7) What defines community music?
The first two questions are more questions that I am looking to answer with this over all project. I'd like my subject to answer them but through more indirect questions like questions three, four, or five.
No comments:
Post a Comment